Being a NEET Exam aspirant, you should not only be concerned about the syllabus, reference books, preparation, planning, and coaching but also you should be well-aware of the NEET Exam Pattern. Being familiar with the pattern is important as it helps you in many ways such as:
- It helps you manage time accordingly.
- It helps you understand the nature of syllabus.
- It makes you familiar with marking scheme.
- It makes you aware of numbers of questions that will be asked.
Considering the exam pattern of NEET 2017, the pattern for NEET Exam 2018 is more or less going to be the same as till now there has not been any official announcement regarding the change in pattern. Refer to the information provided below to know the pattern for NEET Exam 2018.
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
- NEET Examination will be conducted in offline mode.
- The question paper for NEET Exam consists of 180 questions.
- All the questions will objective type i.e. multiple choice questions.
- Duration of examination is 3 hours.
- NEET Exam question paper covers syllabus from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Note: Biology consists of Botany and Zoology.
- The examination will be conducted in 10 languages which include – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Any candidate who opts for any of the regional languages mentioned above will be provided exam centre in the specific state where the language is spoken.
- For each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded to the candidate and for each wrong answer, 01 mark will be deducted from the total. There will be no deduction from the score if no answer is given for a question.
- Each subject will have 45 questions which mean:
- Botany: 45
- Zoology: 45
In addition to the above-mentioned pattern, the candidate should also keep in mind the following:
- A candidate needs to mark the answer sheet using black/blue ball pen. The pen will be provided at the examination centre
- Apart from the following, the candidate will not be allowed to bring any other material along with them.
- Admit card along with passport size photo affixed on it.
- Passport size photo to affix on the attendance sheet.
- A post card size photo to affix on the pro forma.
Keeping the above-mentioned information in mind, it will help in preparing better for the NEET examination 2018. Keep in touch with NEET 2018 Exam for more updates and news regarding NEET Examination 2018.