Although the application form for NEET 2018 Exam will most probably be made available from the first week of December 2017, candidates looking to appear for the exam can know about the important requirement for filling the NEET 2018 Exam application form here.
Based on previous year exam .i.e. NEET 2017, below we have mentioned some of the important requirements that are necessary to fill the application form to appear for the NEET 2018 Exam.
Things to Remember While Filling the NEET 2018 Exam Application Form
What is the Nationality Requirement for NEET 2018 Exam?
Candidates with the following nationality can appear for NEET 2018 Exam:
- Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- NRI and Foreign Candidates
What is the Age Requirement for NEET 2018 Exam?
A candidate must not be younger than 17 years and older than 25 years as or on 31st December of the year of the admission. For the candidates who belong to reserved categories have an age relaxation for 5 years which means maximum age limit for such candidates 30 years.
How Many Times Can I Appear for NEET Exam?
The NEET authorities introduced restriction to the number of times a candidate can appear for NEET Exam. According to the official announcement, a candidate can only apply for NEET Exam three times only.
What is The Educational Qualification Requirement for NEET 2018 Exam?
A candidate must clear his/her 10+2 or HSC with at least 50% (40% for OBC/SC/ST candidates). He/she must have cleared Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject with at least 50% in aggregate. In case of PH/PWD category – a candidate needs to score 45% marks if he/she belongs to Gen-PH and 40% if he/she belongs to SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH.
What Fees Do I Need to Pay for NEET 2018 Exam?
A candidate needs to pay Rs.1400 as a general candidate and Rs.750, if the candidate belongs to SC, ST, and PH category.
What Are the Documents Required for NEET 2018 Exam?
- Scanned copy of your recent photograph. It should be in JPG format and file size must be between 10KB to 100KB. Make sure that the photograph is taken with a white background and the candidate’s name and date of photo taken must be mentioned at the bottom of the Photograph.
- Scanned copy of your signature. It should be in JPG format and file size must be between 3KB to 20KB.
Requirement for Aadhaar for the NEET Applicants 2018
Candidates, who are Indian Citizens and ordinary residents of India, shall register in NEET 2018 using Aadhaar. As the application forms for NEET 2018 are yet to be released, candidates can apply for the Aadhaar card to the nearest centre.
Additional Tips to Keep in Mind While Filling NEET 2018 Exam Application Form
- Using prefixes in the name of Mother or Father is not allowed.
- Name, date of birth, gender must be as per Aadhaar card or correction request.
- Mobile number and email address must be provided when asked .
- Remember to note down the registration number for future correspondence.
- Make sure to keep your debit/credit card or net banking credential ready to make the payment of fees.
- Keep a copy of fee payment and confirmation page safe for future correspondence.
These are some of the important requirements to consider when filling the application form for NEET 2018 Exam.